Napoleonic & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Monday 26 December 2016

Homebrewed Flags - more 1809 Spanish

I'm doing some catching-up here, since I have a number of units who are ready for action apart from the flags. Here's another batch; strictly speaking, I've posted the La Corona flags before, but I wasn't happy with the proportions, so I've re-done them. My Cantabria regiment has only one battalion, so I've only done the coronela.


I have more cavalry and light infantry flags to get ready, so I'll get to those when the soldiers are painted. If these are any use to you, please feel free to download and use them as you wish. Usual instructions - click on the image above, right-click on the enlarged version, and download. If you print the entire image 105mm high, the individual flags will be 20mm high, which is fine for 1/72, or you can scale them up or down in proportion - these are not good enough for anything larger than 30mm, by the way! The green surround is not part of each flag - it's just there to enable you to cut a white flag out of white paper!

Use the best quality 80gsm paper you can get hold of. If you can get single-coated paper it's easier to fold and shape. More soon.

6 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! Thank you. I may yet be persuaded to build a small Spanish force (have just the one 'mixed' unit at the moment). Considering my small British Army is meant to be Peninsular War, I don't do the Iberians sufficient justice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good flag work! For my 15mm Peninsular War collection, my Spanish flags are homemade too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice bit of art work. Very clean 👍

    ReplyDelete